I'm a 22 year old failed art student from the UK who enjoys procrastinating, all things equestrian and illustration.
What I mean when I say “I can’t do that”- Anxiety Version:
- I am unable to do that
- I am too stressed out to do that
- I cannot face the humiliation of attempting to do that
- My body will physically not allow me to do that
- I am on the verge of a panic attack
- I cannot do that
What people hear:
- I am unwilling to do that
- I am just shy
- I am overreacting
- I am lazy
- I need to get more experience in social situation to help my anxiety
- I need a push
- I don’t want to do that
Inspired by X
It shocks me sometimes when I realize just how irrelevant horses are to normal people. Like, woah, you DON’T stare at how pretty they are in movies or in a pasture you’re driving by? You DON’T know what a halter is? You don’t contribute at least 10 minutes a day to thinking about OR doing something involved with them?!
I think what you’re all forgetting is we don’t see “Hunter Jumpers” here. It’s the showjumping and eventing scene and basically, as long as you get around that course clear with no time faults, no one cares.